Monday 25 March 2013

Hi football fans



From Olly at Redcafe.net
As I write this from (insanely) sunny Ghana, there are 4 things within the world of football that I think are sticking out.
These are all to do with the factors in a football team’s performance on the pitch.
I would like to focus on:
  1.         The crazy trend of sacking managers. e.g. Blackburn have had 5 managers this season.
  2.         The perhaps unfair view of armchair critics on players e.g. Heskey
  3.     The rise of the ‘One man team’ debate. e.g. RVP, Suarez, Messi etc.
  4.     The squad’s responsibility vs the manager’s responsibility. e.g. Ghana/ Kwesi Appiah AfCON 2013.

Now, I will try to analyse individual football matches while also looking at specific clubs. I say 'try' cause I’m depending on the availability of good internet which relies on Ghanaian mobile networks (btw Vodafone you are rubbish) which in turn relies on whether they are being incompetent or not.
As you can imagine, this is pretty shaky ground so I’m sure you’ll forgive me if I fail to deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment